Startseite    Forum    Fotoalbum    Samhain-Fest    Seminare   

Aktuelle Zeit: Mi 23. Mai 2018, 10:52
Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

How to fix a broken auto reverse tape deck car stereo?

Auf das Thema antworten Seite 1 von 1 [ 1 Beitrag ]
Autor Nachricht

Offline MichaelSmith

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 16. Mai 2018, 10:01   Betreff des Beitrags: How to fix a broken auto reverse tape deck car stereo?   

Hello,

A while back my external CD player to tape adapter went on the fritz because the tape deck would keep thinking the end of the tape had been reached and would make a little click over sound to start playing in reverse, therefore brutally disrupting the music every two seconds. So I opened up the adapter and removed the spinny spools thinking maybe them snagging is what triggers it to reverse but that didn't seem to help. I noticed that the little plastic thing that looks like a piece of tape over the head had worn off, so I thought maybe the electromagentic piece had been scraped up and damaged triggering the auto reverse so I bought a new one. Same problem.
A friend said he had heard that maybe if I stick some special demagnetizing tape in there it'll straighten out the auto reverse thing and my problems will be solved. So I tried pumping some key phrases through Google & USENET to verify his claim to no avail. I'm not sure I want to drop the money for such a device anyway, but I'd love to tape a magnet on the end of a popsicle stick and jam it in there if it'll clear things up. I guess my other alternative is to just shell out $5 more for the adapter that is a super low wattage FM radio transmitter.
Good plan, bad plan, better plan?

Any help will be apprecited.
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=644615
Promo video company

Thank you
Nach oben Profil 
Auf das Thema antworten Seite 1 von 1 [ 1 Beitrag ]